Recipe File: Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
Being a Thanksgiving baby, I love pumpkin fill-in-the-blank anything. When I saw this recipe for Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal via Mint, I had to try it. It didn’t disappoint and it will definitely go in the keeper file. Truly scrumptious and very easy to make! The recipe is as follows:
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
2 c. uncooked oats (quick-cooking or old fashioned work)
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. craisins or raisins
1/4 c. chopped walnuts
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg and cloves
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. applesauce (jarred or homemade)
1/4 c. pumpkin puree (canned or roasted)
2 tbsp. salted butter, melted
1 large egg beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly spray 4 individual ramekins or an 8-inch square pan with olive oil. Set aside.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Combine wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined.
5. Pour mixture into baking dish or ramekins and bake for 20-25 min.
6. Serve warm.
My substitutions were golden raisins and pecans and it was fabulous. It even reheated well. Thanks Mint for sharing this delightful recipe!